body
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Assalamualaikum. It has been a long time since I last blogged. Many things have happened and I can say that most of them were exciting! Hmmm... Let me talk about my medic course first. So far, it is becoming more and more interesting and exciting apart from the boring lectures and brain-taxing theory tests! We got practical tests too, and for this one, you really can feel the adrenaline rush. Not because you are excited for the test but because you are scared for the test. Imagine, you have to talk to a dummy, do CPR on it, comfort a dummy, rescue a dummy, do first aid dressing on your partner in front of your instructor. Instructors! They will be looking at you with one kind of look, the look which tells you that what you are doing is wrong. Talking about the instructors, some of them are really nice like Instructor Alvin. He is really a funny guy! He can make me burst my stomach, laughing at his jokes. Oh ya, he is a good teacher too! Enough on that, let's talk about the needles. Something that are always associated with Doctors, Paramedics and Medics like myself. Ya, we had Intra-Venous Fusion. I did it with Luqman. Luckily, we did on each other twice only. Some of them had to do 7 times. Imagine, inserting that bloody needle into your veins for 7 times. Blood are everywhere. I enjoy throughout the lesson, both the theory and practical, especially the latter. In two weeks time, we will be playing with needles again. This time INJECTION! Oh ya, we had injection almost every week; FLU injection, Hepatitis B injection and etc. We learn a lot of stuffs and I believe that it will benefit me in the future. Some of the terms and topics remind me of the time I took my 'O' Level Biology. At least, this time round we are taught how certain part of our body affect the others and if one disfunction, what will ahppen and how to manage and subside the effect. Much better. We did CPR too. Doing it on a Resusci Annie seems easy without the recorder. When the recorder is attached, we have to do the compression properly to reach the "heart" whic is 4-5 cm below the sternum. Doing that on a plactic/rubber, your hands will definitely sore. And do you know how many compression do we have to do in a cycle? It is 150 compressions guys per cycle! Oh ya, something to share with you guys. Resusci Annie is the dummy which is used in CPR lesson. The dummy got its name from a girl by the name of Annie who died many years ago. She drown and was retrieved by some people but too bad, these people do not know how to revive her by doing CPR which cost her life. Sad huh? Then we had infant dummy. And we learned how to recover a conscious/unconscious man and infant who are choked. The baby one is really scary but as medic we have to remember, pain or death? Fun aside, we still do have theory tests every week. Last week, had 2 theory tests. And this week, we had 3 theory tests; Theory Test II, BCLS Theory Test and Stretcher Theory Test. Oh these are only the theory tests, there are practical tests too




Went to Johore Bahru last weekend. Had a family gathering there. We ate seafood by the sea. The place is really cool. I took the picture above with my handphone from my seat. See, how close were we to the sea. The restaurant is actually built on the sea. At first, I was reluctant to go because it clashes with the Quater-Finals round of the 4PM Malay Debate. But I thought that it would be a good escape to relax my mind, so I decided to follow my family to JB. Stayed overnight there and went shopping on Sunday. Had a good and quality time with my family.


Congratulations to Datuk Siti Nurhaliza for winning 3 awards at the Anugerah Planet Muzik 2007 which recognise the best talents in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei Darussalam. She won Best Female Artist, Most popular Female Artist and Best Song through the song, Biarlah Rahsia. For this week, we'll list to this Best Song recognised by the judges from the 4 countries in APM 2007. Presenting... Biarlah Rahsia.


Apart from these things, let's talk about Bahas 4PM. I went to coach them after seeing their not-so-good perfoemance during the Qualifying Rounds. They have improved I must say. I hope my words of encouragement have done them good and Alhamdulillah, they qualify to the Semi-Finals. I am really excited for them. This time round, I am going to spend more time with them foe the debate. I really want to see them go to the Finals and hopefully someone from Innova JC will represent Singapore again this year. I hope the legacy that I left at Innova JC will continue for let say, another 5 years or forever.

inspired to share at 8:03 PM
0 comments


the foreword


Assalamualaikum. Like you, I have my flaws too.

Salam ikhwan, Muhammad Izwan


the man

Name : Muhammad Izwan

Date of Birth : 4 th January 1988

Current Status : NSF

E-mail Adress : wawan_izwan@hotmail.com





the calling



the voice




19th April 2009, Sunday, 23hb RabiulAkhir 1430Hj
Majlis MaulidurRasul & Ceramah with MHDS

16th May 2009, Saturday, 20hb JamadilAwal 1430Hj
Taklimat Bahas 4PM 2009



the connection

05S71
Prasasti Nova
Asri
Cassandra
Farhana
Farhana MI
Fitria
Genevieve
Hannah
Ismail
Jacelyn
Kelly
Kenneth
Lily
Lisha
Madeleine
Melvin
Monisha
Mr. Manager
Nadiah
Nasri
Pholsena Dalaphone
Sallehan
Saunders
Shawn
Zaidah
Zafyrah
Siti Zone
YouTube

INvokeSG

simplyIslam

iSLAMIC Events

Youth aL.I.V.E


the past

July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009